Friday 17 October 2014

This Is Insanity.. Week 1 Review

Boy Oh Boy.. was that first week tough!!

My journey began with the fit test, and that in itself really lives up to its name.
even with just the warm up, i found sweat dripping from places i didn't know sweat could accumulate!
But i pushed through and got to the first of the 8 exercises that you must complete in order to finish the fit test, the 8 exercises are as follows ;


By the time you get to the suicide jumps, push up jacks and the low plank obliques, your body is screaming for you to drop to your knees, roll around on the floor and cry for Shaun T to stop this madness!

THUS WE POWER THROUGH!!

After you survive the fit test and manage to pull yourself out of bed the next day you get to look forward to the rest of the week which includes 4 of your DVDs.

Plyometric Cardio Circuit    (my least favourite so far)
Cardio Power & Resistance
Cardio Recovery
& Pure Cardio


Results

So now down to the nitty gritty.
And this may surprise you.... But i actually put on 3lbs!
My starting weight was 184lbs and when i weighed myself on Monday of week 2, i was 187lbs.
But not to be discouraged, i am solely putting this down to water and sodium retention, from such an intense week of physical exertion, after not being this active in a while.
yes, I may have 'gained' 3lbs, BUT i can see a difference in appearance already!
I can see that fat is being stripped from my body, and i am seeing more muscle definition, and veins that i didn't know i had!
So this just goes to show, its not all about the scales, but how you feel inside.

I feel great!!
Yes ok, the first few days my body was like a jittering mess, but i have so much more energy throughout the day, my mood is better, my motivation is through the roof and i feel like i'm on the right path.


No comments:

Post a Comment