Monday 27 October 2014

This Is Insanity... Week 3 Review

As week 3 began, i cant begin to tell you how pumped up i was for the 2nd fit test.
I just wanted to get home from work, get my gym gear on and press play on the Fit Test!

The fit test as you will already know, consists of 8 exercises that you have to do as many repetitions as you can, in 1 minute.

here are my results for the second fit test. (numbers in brackets are results of my first fit test)

Switch Kicks          (90)... 120
Power Jacks           (58)... 64
Power Knees          (80)... 110
Power Jumps          (35)... 55
Globe Jumps            (8)...  11
Suicide Jumps         (11)... 15
Push up Jacks         (30)... 40
Low Plank Oblique (50)... 52

As you can see my results in the space of 14 days have gone up by rather alot, and it makes me wonder where i can improve when the next fit test rolls around.
Coming to the end of the test i felt a slight twinge in my knee and that set the tone for the week really, and i felt like i had to hold back on most workouts.
If you've ever seen the episode of Family Guy where peter trips over and hurts his knee...
Well yea, that's how i felt.

I have got to admit i am slightly disheartened that I'm not seeing great results around my stomach, but i am only 3 weeks in.
I'm just going to have to stick to this and hope results do get better.

On Friday i decided to treat myself to two new products on my fitness journey, the Polar Loop and the Polar H7 heart rate monitor. Initially i was very worried with having to cut the loop's band, but you get a measurements card with it and its quite easy to work out your size and to readjust the clasp.
After i completed the set up and synchronised both devices with my phone, my god i was happy with the results of this product! the data that it gives back is just what i was looking for, and its all so simple to read, and analyse.
I will point out the data from above was on Sunday (rest day) and I'm not always that lazy.
Once i have more than a few days data, i will write more on my experience with the Polar Products

Over the next week i plan to stop weight lifting as i am experiencing excruciating pain in my forearm, so I'm hoping to put all my energy into Insanity, and see if that can help with my results before the recovery week.




No comments:

Post a Comment