Wednesday 5 November 2014

My Fitness Pal



I owe You one.

I've always tried to be healthy and have gone through many fad diets and health kicks, but i always go at it hell for leather for about 2 weeks and then it dwindles away and i fall back into a slump and start to feel crap that i haven't stuck to it and that leads to eating junk, its a vicious circle.

Then i Discovered My Fitness Pal and everything changed.
Its an app that i have used before, but i did not realise the community within the My fitness Pal world, its huge!!  There are forums and groups galore for different types of goals, be it gaining, losing or maintaining weight, or even just some general advice and encouragement.


Ive currently got a 38 day streak going on MFP, but some of my 'Friends' on the app have got streaks ranging from 50 to 1000 days which is just crazy dedication to food logging.

One of the great things about MFP is being able to manipulate your macros.
as i get alot of protein a day, i have mine set at;
45% Protein
35% Carbs
20% Fats

And i always find it very satisfying when i get within 1 or 2% of my goals, and its easy to work out what needs to be cut, or what needs to be added to the diet to get your macros bang on where you want them to be.

But for me, the USP (unique selling point) of MFP is the people that use it!
if you're like me and you struggle with motivation, and just need some extra get up and go, the people you get to know on MFP will give you exactly what you need.
Be it a 'you can do it' or if you've had a bad day, a comforting message. Without it i don't think i would be doing anywhere near as well as i am, and if you know me from My Fitness Pal, i just want to say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment