Monday 3 November 2014

This Is Insanity... Week 4 Review

That S#*!S Bananas Yoooo

As the week started, i didn't!
I had a horrible bug that struck me down in my prime, BUT i wasn't going to let that stop me and i went ahead and completed 7 insanity sessions this week. yes 7.
On Thursday, rather than just do the Recovery DVD, i decided to do the Fast & Furious DVD first, and it was definitely a good choice. It made the Recovery Yoga session feel 10 times better.

As i said above, Monday and Tuesday i wasn't performing at my best as i had a 24/48 hour bug, but come Wednesday, i don't know what came over me.
Plyometric Cardio Circuit has been without doubt my least favourite Insanity DVD over the course of the first 4 weeks, but on Wednesday it was like i had an outer body experience and i wasn't actually doing the exercise, almost like i was drunk on a cross between testosterone and adrenaline!

Not that I'm complaining about this outer body experience, it actually felt amazing to feel like i was doing the hardest DVD (in my opinion) and not feeling exhausted, but still pushing myself to my limits and keeping my heart rate high. Id happily like to feel like that alot more ;)

Cardiovascular 

If you've Ever done Insanity, you will know that Sunday is rest day. But whenever rest day comes around, i always feel very lazy and tend to eat far too much junk food, so i decided this particular Sunday i was going to test how much insanity had helped my cardiovascular levels over the past month. And my oh my, didn't it just!!
I turned up at the gym not knowing what to expect as i stepped on the treadmill, but to my extreme surprise, i just kept going and going, and my heart rate was nowhere near where it used to be when i was running at 7/8 mph.

Before i knew it i was closing in on 5km, and i had no idea what my previous personal best was, but as it turns out, my previous best was 26:33.
Boom i hit 5km at a time of 25:38.
Knocking 55 seconds off my PB, But i wasn't going to stop there, i had 10k in sight, and i kept pushing and was alternating the speed between 7 and 10 mph up until i hit 9k, and then i 'went for it' smashed the speed up to 12mph and was sprinting my ass off like poor old Forrest Gump and i crossed the finish line so to speak at 50:02, and to be honest i was gutted i missed the 50 minute mark, even though it was only 2 seconds out.
Now i knew id only ever run 10k once before and i knew it was around 55 minutes the last time, so i had to wait till i got home to analyse, and analyses i did, 55:20 was my previous time, and i had gone and knocked 5 MINUTES AND 18 SECONDS off that time, i was completely buzzing! And i cant wait to try and beat that time again come the end of month 2 of insanity.

Month 1 Review

To say insanity has changed my life would be an understatement.
From day 1 i have continued to push myself through the barriers of sweat, pain and a 24 hour bug, and its been so worth it, I'm in the shape of my life and i feel 100 times better than i did at the start of day 1!
If you can spare 1 hour a day to improve yourself, i would thoroughly recommend jumping on this Shaun T life changing program.
With month 2 starting today, i don't know whether i am nervous or excited, but one thing i can tell you, i cant wait to write my month 2 review and to see the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment