Monday 10 November 2014

This Is Insanity... Week 5 Review

Max Out

Basically, wow!!
I've never had to push myself to such limits, in such a short space of time.
This week saw me move on from the 'Basic' insanity workouts, and catapulted into the MAX series of workouts
Catapulted to the next level.
.
The warm up changes slightly for the MAX series, but its still the same principle, to raise your heart rate as quick as possible and then give you a 30 second recovery break to let your heart rate drop slightly, and then straight back into the thick of it.

After the warm up we go into the stretches and they are basically the same as the first 4 weeks, but they didn't need changing, they were great for giving you that ultimate stretch before you got into the real hard work.

One Does Not Simply Meme | ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY SKIP STRETCHING AND LIVE TO TELL THE TALE | image tagged in memes,one does not simply | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Week 5 schedule 

Like i have already said, we go max this week and it puts us up against 4 new training sessions.



Max Interval Circuit
Max Interval Plyo
Max Cardio Conditioning
And finally the Max Recovery

But there is also a bonus DVD available (Max Interval Sports Training) that i will review fully another week.

During each of the 3 Interval training sessions i was burning upwards of 650 Calories per session (and losing about 48962496 litres of sweat)
And the Max Recovery DVD saw me burn around 400 calories, but that is still a lot for a stretch session.

Summary

One thing that's for sure, this set of exercises is not for the faint hearted!!
It takes all of month 1 to prepare you for what is to come, and even that doesn't prepare you for the carnage that you will put your body through.

As i keep a track on my heart rate and stats with my Polar Loop and H7, i have noticed over the last week especially, that when i do take a 30 second rest between intervals, my heart rate has started to come down dramatically. 
I know this program is working for me and i feel at the peak of my cardiovascular levels, and I'm only getting stronger, fitter and faster.


Ancient Aliens Meme | THE SIZE OF MY EGO AFTER I FINISH A MAX INTERVAL SESSION | image tagged in memes,ancient aliens | made w/ Imgflip meme maker



No comments:

Post a Comment